Terms and Conditions
Tyne Idols takes your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- The personal information we collect about you
- What we do with your information; and
- Who your information might be shared with
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data in order to improve our services to you, and what choices you have about how we use that data. This privacy notice has been written to comply with the new privacy laws, known as the ‘GDPR’ (General Data Protection Regulation).
The information we gather
We may gather certain information about you when you register with us, purchase products or services from us, when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our websites or social media channels, complete customer surveys or take part in promotions or competitions run by us. This information may also be shared with and/or used by certain other parties in connection with the event, such as our ticketing agents, social media agency, website hosting companies, security provider, promoter ticket agents and affiliates. In addition, and provided you consent, your information may be shared with certain other parties for the purpose of marketing goods and/or services to you. These parties may include event promoters, our social media agency and email server providers.
We will not sell any of your personal information to third parties.
Information that we gather about you may include (without limitation) your name, contact details, payment details, and accessibility.
Our website and social media platforms contain links to third party websites and social media platforms. We are not responsible for the security or privacy policies of those third party sites, and recommend that you review those parties’ privacy notices before sharing your personal data on those platforms.
We will retain your personal data in accordance with your instructions and as required by applicable law. We may also retain certain information in order to conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations (and to demonstrate compliance) and to resolve disputes. However, we will not retain your personal data for longer than reasonably necessary.
Information about third parties
Information we process, as described in this notice, may also include information about third parties whose details you supply to us. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/ her behalf to the processing of his/ her personal data
- Receive on his / her behalf data protection notices; and
- Give consent to the processing of his/ her potentially sensitive personal data (e.g. any health issues relating to accessibility
Systems used to process data
We gather information directly from you and also via our website and other systems. These may include, for example:
- Our computer networks and connections
- Our email and instant messaging systems
- Internet facilities
- Our telephones, voicemail, mobile phone records
Reasons for processing
We process information about you for the following reasons:
- Providing services to you
- Carrying out customer profiling and analysis of purchasing preferences
- Marketing our business and service and those of our partners which we believe will be of interest to you
- Operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- Improving our services
- Providing customer service
- Analysing customer feedback
- Investigating complaints
- Ensuring business policies are adhered to
- Tracking activity on our website and social media channels
- To contact you in the event any products or services you requested are unavailable or to notify you in the event of any changes to an event
- To personalise and improve your experience on our website and social media channels
- To personalise any communications to you
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice; and
- Gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
When you use our website and social media channels we may also collect certain information about you and your visit to help us to improve your experiences on those platforms. This may include:
- Your journey through our website and social media channels
- What content you like or share
- Which pop up or push messages you saw and responded to
We record CCTV images of you when you are at the venue or within its vicinity for your safety and security. CCTV images may be shared with the police for the purposes of crime prevention and detection.
Disclosures and exchange of information
We may disclose and exchange information with group companies, credit reference agencies, ticketing agencies, promoters, service providers, representatives and agents, as well as with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies for the above reasons.
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies.
Sensitive personal data
You may also supply us with sensitive personal data relating to your physical health which is gathered for the purposes of ensuring easy access to our venue (in the case of people with accessibility requirements).
Keeping your data secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal information being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We also limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Some of the technical and organisational measures we use to safeguard your personal data are:
- Storing your personal data, in all forms, in a secure environment
- Training our staff on the importance of data protection measures
- Employing SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption on every domain owned by us – this allows us to encrypt any passwords and debit / credit card information to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure
- Securing our network by an advanced firewall supported by industry standard anti-virus software
We also have policies and procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach so that we can act quickly to minimise any potential damage.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights. Those include:
- Right to fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information – we are required to inform you why we want to gather your personal information, what we will do with it, who it will be shared with and how long it will be kept for. That information is set out in this privacy notice, but if you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Right to request a copy of your information – you can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a ‘subject access request’). If you would like a copy of some or all of this information please contact us with proof of your identity and let us know what information you would like. We must provide this information to you in a commonly used and machine readable format.
- Right to require us to correct any mistakes in your information – you can require us to correct any information which we hold. If you would like to do this, please contact us to let us know the information that is incorrect and what is should be replaced with.
- Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing – you can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes at any time. If you would like to do this, please contact us and let us know what method of contact (one or all) you are not happy with.
- Right to restrict processing – you can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if you have notified us there is a mistake in the information we hold about you, you may ask us to suspend processing until that mistake is rectified.
- Right to erasure – otherwise known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ – you can ask us to delete or remove your personal data from our systems where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
Changes to this privacy notice
Your privacy is important to us and we are constantly reviewing our policies and procedures to ensure we are meeting the high standards we set ourselves. As a result, we may amend this privacy notice from time to time, and we recommend that you check this page periodically to review any changes that may have been made.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have a complaint, we hope that we can resolve any issues you have by contacting us. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or via the helpline: 0303 123 1113.
For the greater good, and for passenger safety, our Bus Tours are offered subject to the following guidelines:
Unless payment has been received by Tyne Idols, your booking has not been confirmed. Bookings must be paid for in full prior to the departure date. Tyne Idols reserves the right to terminate the booking if the payment has not been made in full.
The concession rate is also available to Customers in full or part time education who are in possession of a valid student photocard issued by a recognised student body or provider of education, and to customers over the age of 60 who have photographic identification illustrating this. Acceptable identification for the latter includes a valid passport, driving license, birth certificate or travel pass. All Customers purchasing a concession ticket must provide their photographic identification showing entitlement to the tour guide at the beginning of the tour.
CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
In the event of unforeseen events, prevailing circumstances, an emergency, or an action by the hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the company may return all monies paid and without further liability cancel the contract.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Tyne Idols reserves the right to change the vehicle requested for a hire at any time. We will only do so if we feel the requested vehicle is unfit to carry passengers and will do our best to replace the vehicle with a similar model.
BREAKDOWN OR DELAY
The Company gives advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey within a specific time. Tyne Idols cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by closed or congested roads, severe weather conditions, technical problems with vehicles and any other similar events. We ensure that all our vehicles are serviced and maintained to the highest standards as required by current legislation but cannot be held accountable should the vehicle develop a fault during a tour. In the event of breakdown, we will do our very best provide a replacement vehicle.
All our vehicles are fully insured against public liability to a maximum value of £10 million.
CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS
The driver and crew are responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Tyne Idols may, at its discretion, require any person to be excluded from a tour if we deem his or her conduct to be offensive or a nuisance to other Customers. The Company also reserves the right to refuse access to participate on a tour should circumstance be deemed to compromise tour safety.
Animals will only be carried on the vehicle with prior agreement.
FOOD AND DRINK
Please note that we actively encourage the consumption of nibbles, drink and alcohol on board our bus during Tour times (as long as you behave yourself), and it'd be very well received if you bring along extra nibbles and refreshment for the crew (though non-alcoholic only for your driver). If bringing bottles of wine please have some decency and use those fancy plastic wine glasses and not plastic pint pots… we do like to maintain a scintilla of dignity!
Smoking is prohibited by law on all our vehicles.
All tours and correspondence will be conducted in the English language.
spacerAll Customers are required to be at the stated departure point by the stated departure time as all tours leave promptly. Any Customer failing to show up for the tour they are booked on is excluded from our refund policy.
Tyne Idols reserves the right to deviate from the normal tour route in the event of marches, parades, or where reasonably prudent to do so in the light of circumstances beyond the Company's control.
TOUR HOST REPLACEMENT
At exceptional times, it may be unavoidable to replace the billed Tour Host.
Please take care of all personal property. Tyne Idols will not be liable for any theft, loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, direct or consequential loss, however caused, unless due to negligence by the Company, in which case Tyne Idols' liability is limited (except for death or personal injury) for damages to a maximum of the refund of the ticket price. All vehicles hired are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons and the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers' property is carried. The Company will not accept liability for any damage to or loss of any property which belongs to any passenger and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the depot where the vehicle is based and may be collected from there.
Each Customer is responsible for maintaining their own safety at all times. The Company will not be liable for any injuries caused to a customer unless this is a result of negligence on the Company's part. By agreeing to take part on the tour, all customers are agreeing to exercise due care and attention at all times.
The classic buses we use are not wheelchair accessible; we can however accept wheelchairs as long as they are carried, folded up and stowed onboard as luggage.